We value the importance of physical education and sports at Reckleford School & Nursery.
From the start we encourage physical development and coordination and a real enjoyment of physical activity.
The Nursery and school have well-equipped play spaces including a new multi-use games area (MUGA) at the front of the school which was financed and installed by Sport England.
Sport, physical development and well-being is an extremely important element of every child’s experience at Reckleford. We aim to inspire a love of physical play and learning through:
- 2 hours of PE every week
- Teachers trained in Inspired PE
- Premier sports coaches sharing our ethos of all children being able to find enjoyment and their own talents in sports and games
- Specialist gymnastic coaching from our local club, Orchard Gymnastics
- Fun, daily lunchtime sessions with a range of equipment led by an experienced play worker
- Additional sessions for those showing potential ability
- Sports clubs for all who wish to explore and extend
- Movement Support for those who have developmental coordination difficulties, including dyspraxia
- Encouragement to all to explore sports and games outside school
- Experiencing the great resources in our local community including Ninesprings park, Orchard Gymnastics Club and Ready to Climb
Children in Year 1 and 2 are able to attend clubs after school. We currently run the following clubs during the year:
Sports club – Thursday
Reading club – Monday
Country Dancing (Spring and Summer Term)